Bemm Family

Bemm Family

Monday, May 20, 2013

MARCH MADNESS



I want to apologize for not blogging in such a long time... no excuses really!! I want to start by saying that we as a family really appreciate all your love, support and prayers for us.  We would not be able to continue to serve here without them.  

The month of March was one of the most difficult months we have ever experienced.  As most of you have read in our last blog, our dear Ruthie from the baby center in Nakuru went to be with the Lord on March 7th.  As I sat by her bedside in continuous prayer I held her little hand and just kept thinking that she was alone...but I know she wasn't' alone. God was holding her the whole time.  I cried so many times when I thought about how she did not have an earthly family, but I knew she had a Heavenly Father who loved her more than we ever could.  

Ruthie after eating a yummy meal at the baby center
To back up a little, I received a call from the director of the baby center that Ruthie was vomiting coffee grounds; to us medical people this was not a good sign.  We immediately told them to bring her in.  When she arrived she was smiling at me and doing do well with all the exams.  As I held her in the emergency room for hours, we sang and I told funny stories (OK it was mostly to amuse myself since she was only 1.) As the day progressed I started to get impatient, I called the surgeon and my husband and asked them to come and examine her again.  We moved to the surgical waiting area and I saw her eyes change...she wasn't responding to me anymore.  She was dying in my arms. I love my husband and the work that he does.  He immediately whisked her from my arms and ran into the surgical suite and started resuscitating her with the help of a surgeon and the anesthetist.  I paced around the surgical table praying and assisting wherever hands were needed. After what seemed like forever she finally got her heart rate back.  I stayed with her throughout the surgery and watched our surgeons do wonderful work.  Ruthie never woke up from that point on.  We prayed and prayed for her to recover.  I learned once again that it is not up to me. God is in control all the time and not just some of the time.  

Little did I know that God would teach me this again just a week later in Little Princess Hannah Kelley's death on March 14, 2013.  We received a call at around 3am from one of our neighbors that their one year old, Hannah, had stopped breathing. She had been sick for a couple weeks, but it wasn't anything that seemed too serious. My heart stopped as I watched Chuck get dressed as fast as he could and run over to their house. They only live a 10 second walk away from our front door to theirs. As I stood on our front porch watching chuck run over, I prayed.  I heard their door shut, and then about a minute later I heard the door open again, my heart leapt for joy as I thought, "Oh good chuck is on his way back and Hannah is fine."  Then the image I have had a hard time getting out of my nightmares is hearing Chuck counting, then watching Hannah's daddy, Aaron, carrying Hannah up the sidewalk in a little blanket and then stopping in front of our house for Chuck to give her a breath.  Then they started running again up the sidewalk. Watching that scene made my heart so heavy.  I cannot begin to describe how the next 24 hours transpired.  Please refer to the Kelley’s blog to hear how these parents are my heroes.
Their faith in our Lord has inspired me to examine my heart in so many ways.  Scripture has come alive to me in a new way.  These are just a few of the scriptures that mean so much more to me now.  I urge you to read the Word with an open heart to hear what the Lord has to say to you.  Don't miss out on His voice. Listen.
Princess Hannah at 1 year photo shoot

“The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you: he will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”  Deuteronomy 31:8

“I will give thanks to you, Lord with all my heart, I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.  I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.”  Psalm 9:1-2

“He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters.  He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me.  They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support.”
 Psalm 18:16-18

“Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1-2








No comments:

Post a Comment